VIDEO: East Grand Rapids Polar Plunge | Community Spirit
The annual Polar Plunge at Reeds Lake raises money and awareness for Special Olympics Michigan. Richett Media takes a look at the brave souls who participated in the plunge this past weekend as more than a hundred adventurous people, most in costume, took the Polar Plunge into Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids.
The annual event raises money and awareness for Special Olympics Michigan. Taking the plunge also earns you a spot in a thrilling and generous club of volunteers who often return each winter to take part in one of the 27 plunges across the state.
Upcoming Events near East Grand Rapids
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Spectrum Integrated Care Campus welcomes first patients
- The pros and cons of six kinds of milk
- My Town: Cornerstone University 'Night of Nets' founder up for $10k charity prize
- Spectrum opens Integrated Care Campus on East Beltline
- My Town: Restaurant Week GR to include specials from 66 restaurants