VIDEO: East Grand Rapids Polar Plunge | Community Spirit
The annual Polar Plunge at Reeds Lake raises money and awareness for Special Olympics Michigan. Richett Media takes a look at the brave souls who participated in the plunge this past weekend as more than a hundred adventurous people, most in costume, took the Polar Plunge into Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids.
The annual event raises money and awareness for Special Olympics Michigan. Taking the plunge also earns you a spot in a thrilling and generous club of volunteers who often return each winter to take part in one of the 27 plunges across the state.
Upcoming Events near East Grand Rapids
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Bus fire sparks inspections, repairs to Forest Hills fleet
- My Town Ada/Cascade: Evangelical leaders discuss immigration reform
- My Town: New business brings vegan handbags, fashion benefits to Grand Rapids area
- My Town Cascade: Academy of Music in Grand Rapids celebrates new space
- My Town Kentwood: TSA expands prescreening option at Ford Airport